Following are some of the measures you can take to prevent yourself from getting exposed to others in public places. These measures are super necessary as they can prevent you from contracting coronavirus.
- All children aged two and older must be wearing the correct mask when in public areas where the COVID-19 Community Level is high. COVID-19 community level is high regardless of their status of vaccination.
- Make sure you wear a mask with the most appropriate fit, security, comfort, and protection for you.
- If you live in a region with a high COVID-19 level at the Community Level and are aged two or older, you should wear the mask inside when in public.
- If you’re sick and have to be with others, or caring for someone with COVID-19, put on an eye mask.
- If you’re at greater risk of developing severe illness or if you live or are at greater risk, talk to your physician about wearing a mask at moderate COVID-19 Community levels.
- Patients who suffer from a medical illness or take medication that weakens their immune systems may not be fully protected, even if they’re currently on their COVID-19 vaccinations. It is recommended that they speak with their health care providers regarding any additional precautions that might be required.
- For more information, refer to COVID-19, the vaccine for Severely or Moderately Immunocompromised Individuals.
- A mask covering your mouth and nose is mandatory for passengers on buses, planes, trains, and other public transportation traveling within or outside the United States and indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as stations and airports. The public transport users are not required to wear a face mask in outside areas of transportation (like the decks that are open of a ferry or on the top deck that is not covered by buses).
However, people wear masks and find innovative ways to prevent themselves from being exposed to the environment. Naturally, this resulted in some people being creative and developing various ways to protect themselves, and some of the ideas weren’t successful.
There are various options they can find, including pads, to medieval armor to safeguard themselves. It seems that there’s no end to their imagination.
See all the innovative methods people use to protect themselves from the coronavirus in our gallery below.